Welcome! UL Divisional Operations and Planning was created in order to enable greater efficiency in our University Life operations. This organization brings the following UL core functions together under one umbrella: Assessment, Communications and Marketing, Human Resources, Finance, Project and Process Management, Regional Campuses and Technology Services. The resulting organization is UL Divisional Operations and Planning. For much of our work in the division, the coordination of these functions is critical to the success of our initiatives. To better leverage both our unit and divisional staff resources, we are developing a “shared services” model. This model seeks to bring divisional strategy and leadership to these core functions while also addressing the unique needs of our individual units. Our objective is to provide more robust and coordinated services across the entire division.
We hope this website resource helps to clarify our mission and the services we provide. We look forward to evolving and maturing our service approach to best meet the needs of our units - ultimately creating more value for the student experience at Mason.
Assistant Vice President
UL Operations and Planning strives to be a trusted and strategic partner by aligning divisional shared services and resources to advance University Life’s mission of fostering student learning, development and success. We mark our success by:
- Communicating accurate information in a clear, engaging, and timely manner to students, faculty and staff
- Cultivating evidence-based practices to guide decision-making
- Coordinating divisional strategic planning processes that enable the advancement of divisional goals and outcomes
- Integrating and supporting value-added technology systems and tools to improve the student experience and operational effectiveness
- Facilitating effective processes for recruiting and retaining talented, diverse and engaged employees
- Leveraging financial resources and ensuring compliance with university guidelines