As healthcare professionals at Student Health Services, we are working hard and adjusting daily to support the healthcare questions and needs of our community.
Given the present pandemic, SHS is implementing the following steps, in order to reduce the risk of community spread of the virus:
- Students should not walk into the clinic without calling first.
- Students must call the Fairfax Clinic (703-993-2831) to talk with a nurse about symptoms, illness, or a health concern. The nurse will evaluate the concern and determine the appropriate level of care needed.
- Many appointments may be able to be conducted over the phone.
- No routine appointments (such as vaccinations or physical exams) will be scheduled during this time.
- Students should call or email the Immunization and Insurance Offices to have questions answered. Immunization and Insurance Offices are closed to in-person visits.
These practices help reduce the risk of exposing others, both patients and healthcare workers, to potential illness. Thank you for helping us keep the Mason community safe.
Lisa L. Park, MD, MPH
Executive Director, Student Health Services
George Mason University